02 Feb Second open meeting – European Conference on standardization for nanotechnologies and nanomaterials, June 20 in Malta
A second open meeting on “standardization for nanotechnologies and nanomaterials – Reliable data for an effective management of nanomaterials”, is organized by CEN/TC 352 “Nanotechnologies” (for which AFNOR holds the secretariat) in collaboration with CEN-CENELEC management centre and the European Commission. The meeting will take place on the 20th of June 2017 in Malta.
Nanotechnology is one of six Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) in the current European industrial policy. An extensive European mandate M461 for developing standards on nanotechnology-related topics is under way.
In the frame of the M461 mandate, a second Open Meeting on (Standardization for) Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials is organized by CEN/TC 352 “Nanotechnologies” in collaboration with CEN CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC) and the European Commission (EC). The meeting will take place on the 20th of June 2017 in Malta.
The aim of the Meeting is to present progress of the work within mandate M461. The main CEN Technical Committees (TC) involved (TC 352 on Nanotechnologies, TC 195 on Air filters for general air cleaning, and TC 137 on Assessment of workplace exposure to chemical and biological agents), will show and explain their preliminary results. Poster sessions on standards under preparation will allow a direct dialogue between participants and experts.
Also various Round Tables will be organized with practitioners, researchers and policy makers on e.g. :
– Topics of mutual interest like Nano-biotechnologies, Challenges in measuring and generating aerosol particle size and concentrations below 100 nm
– Reliable data for an effective management of nanomaterials including aspects on Toxicity, Ecotoxicity and the Environment’
– Requirements for data (curation) in nanomaterial databases and registries
– Methods to support the identification of nanomaterials (size, surface area, surface composition)
– Methods for nanomaterial exposure and risk assessment. How to anticipate and address risks raised by nanotechnologies?
– How can European Research projects impact Standardization activities? Main challenges to link research projects with standardization projects
Toxicity, Ecotoxicity and the Environment will be addressed in collaboration with EC representatives. This conference is open to everyone who registers in advance, and participation and lunch are free of charge.
All information related to this event (Program, Venue, Registration, …) is available on the dedicated Web site : click here
We invite you to circulate this document to your entire network.